Sing: A Series in the Psalms
Lamenting & Listening
Pastor Kaye Kolde
January 19th, 2020
1. How do you think a Sunday morning experience can minister to a person who comes into a service with despair and struggle marking his/her life?
2. Read Psalm 77:1-4. Where does the author turn for comfort? Where do most people turn for comfort in sleepless nights? Read Psalm 55:22 and 1 Peter 5:7. How can you or do you do this in practical ways when you're going through a hard time?
3. Read Ps. 77:5-9. How do you respond to people when they are questioning God's goodness or love in the midst of suffering? What are some responses that could be more harmful than helpful?
4. Read Ps. 77:10-14. How does the transformation begin for the author? How can worship play a part in this kind of change?
5. Read Ps. 77:15-20. How does this memory apply to what the author was going through?
"If we are to go on in our walk with God, we must remember what has gone before in our walk with God." Share a memory of how you've seen God answer prayer or help you through a hard time that reminds you to have hope or could be an encouragement to others.