Ministry Team is for those willing to make sacrificial investment for the sake of their relationships with Christ. This team is for teens who desire to “step it up” in their faith and peer leadership. In Ministry Team you’ll be pushed, challenged and held accountable to seeking after God as the only thing that truly matters in this life. You’ll be asked to identify areas of thought, belief and action that are harmful to your walk with Jesus and intentionally remove them from your life. And you’ll do this alongside others. If you want to be stretched in your faith and challenged to grow closer to God, then Ministry Team is for you.
“Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.”
- Who is ministry team for? Any 8th grade student who is willing to commit to the expectations of Ministry Team.
- When is Ministry Team? Two Sundays a month at 4:45pm. (before the regular Edge meeting time), as well as 2 “field trips” per year.
- Where is it? In the junior high meeting space (CFC - 4)
- What happens if I have to be gone? Because of the high responsibility of this group, and the limited number of meetings, you are only allowed 2 uninformed absences. Emergencies happen - simply contact Ryan ahead of time and let him know you’ll be gone and it will not count towards your two.
- What is the length of commitment? October - June
- Can I bring a friend with me to Ministry Team? In most cases, no. Ministry Team is high-commitment and high-accountability. Everyone interested must go through the application process.
- What do I have to do to join? Simply fill out an application and give it to Ryan.
- Does anyone get turned away? Everyone who applies and is willing to be fully committed to our Team is included.
Behavior Expectations for Ministry Team Members
- Live an authentic Christ life in private, at home, in church, in school and at work. Specifically, the qualities of holiness, honesty and humility should be evidenced and practiced.
- While at youth meetings and activities, you should seek to display a maturing role of leadership as an example to those around you. Try to help maintain order within the group, welcome all students and assist whoever is in charge.
- As a member of the Team you are to help hold other Ministry Team members accountable for personal growth and completion of Ministry assignments.
- You are expected to be contacting both youth group members and other students that have not made a commitment to Christ on a regular basis outside of programmed events.
- Demonstrate growth in Christ through a regular time in God’s Word and strengthening your practice of all of the spiritual disciplines.
- You are expected to honor your father and mother in Christ-honoring relationships through obedience, love and sacrificial giving.
Please contact Ryan Moline, Director of Young Teen Ministries, for more information.
- Want to learn more about Ministry Team?
- Please feel free to call us anytime
- (517) 750-2400
- Stop by our main office:
- Spring Arbor Free Methodist Church
- 120 E. Main St.
- Spring Arbor, MI 49283
SAFMC Staff Contact
Director of Young Teen Ministries
Related Upcoming Events
The Prayer Bands are serious and committed to bringing requests to the Lord, “and we pray in faith believing that…
Sundays, 8:08 - 9:00PM “thegathering” is a weekly worship service for Young Adults (post high through early 30’s)...
This is a come-and-go time of using our hands to serve the world. Men and women of any age and…
Join our mailing list
Get the e-news delivered to your inbox.
Where are we located?
Spring Arbor Free Methodist Church is located in Spring Arbor, Michigan next to Spring Arbor University.
Sunday Service Times
Sunday School - 9:00am
Worship - 10:15am
Evening Service - 6:00pm